The need for an air mattress as a car owner is non-negotiable. It aids you to have the best time both indoor and outdoor. As a matter of fact, you’d find them as the best alternative to your foam mattress; why? Because they are portable and easy to lug around.
Most times, you find them designed for cars and camping. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t use them indoors too. And having purchased an air mattress, what you’d want to look out for is how to inflate it. Yea!
And that’s why you need to learn how to inflate air mattress with air compressor before you proceed with any other attempt. The air compressor that’s used for boosting the air mattress could either be electrically powered or manually.
Whichever one you use, this piece would aid you in having a great use of it. Therefore, what you need is identifying the type of air compressor that comes with the purchase of your air mattress before you proceed.
You can even decide to purchase one that would suit your convenience. So; that being said, check out the steps to inflating your air mattress:
8 Things To Consider About ‘How To Inflate Air Mattress With Air Compressor?’
1. Read the Manual
The manual consists of the full detail that you need. Provided that the air compressor comes with the delivery of the product, we advise you to read the manual so that you’d know the number of segments that the air mattress can be divided into and how to do that. You’d even know where the valve is located on the air mattress.
You could even learn the design of the air compressor itself and see how you can use them with ease. The manual is, no doubt, the compass that would aid you to inflate your newly purchased mattress without casualties.
If at all you just purchased an air mattress, it’s expedient that you remove them from the bag first. Afterward, locate where the valves are situated on it.
Some products have two valves on them while some have one. Check the valve inlet on the air mattress and mark it. Also, have a clue of the air pump that you’d be using.
If you don’t have one at your disposal, then other traditional options are a tire pump, garbage bag, and so on. If you’re using an air pump that doesn’t come with the delivery of the product, then you must use one which hose is equal to the size of the valve on the air mattress so that it could be apt.
3. Preparation of the Valves and the Air Pump
This art is simple; trust me! Doff the seal from the valve and put it close to you. Thrust the tip of the air pump’s hose into the valve inlet. If it’s apt, then you’d have to continue, but if it’s not, then you might have to get duct tape to seal the hose to the valve so that you could prevent air loss.
Another thing that you can do is melting plastic around the tip of your air pump’s hose. Discreetly do this so that you won’t cause damages to either your valve or the peak of your tube. But getting an adapter would be better.
4. Using an Electric Air Compressor
- You could use either a cigarette lighter charger or a power outlet to charge the electric air.
- Use the manual to understand the design of the electric air pump that you’re using at a point in time; why? Because it could be a two way or one way. It would aid you with the complete detail.
- However, you might need to insert the batteries to it if that’s the prerequisite.
- Having done any of those, switch on the power. However, ensure that you have fixed the adapter inside the valve, and there is no air flaring out.
- Use either of your hands to hold the adapter steadfastly to the valve.
5. Using a Manual Air Compressor
- It’s paramount that you use duct tape to close up the spaces between the valve and the adapter.
- There are two types of manual air compressor: hand and leg air compressor.
- Inflate the air mattress by imbibing the conventional procedure to doing them.
- This could take time but persist until it is aired thoroughly.
- You could sit down on the floor or kneel so that you could easily do the task.
- Before you end the act, touch the surface of the mattress to see how thick it has become.
- Once that’s done, you can move over to the next step.
6. Final Touch
Fix the seal back to the valve after you had removed the adapter. Ensure that you do that before the air begin to effuse. So, get the seal real ready first and mount it right at the valve while you remove the adapter.
Of course, you don’t need to switch off the power if you’re using an electric air pump. Remove the adapter before you switch off the power. Afterward, save the air compressor in a calm and safe region.
7. Safety Precautions
- Make sure that you’re mindful of the region you use it at a point in time because they can be so noisy. Using an adapter is preferable over the use of other alternatives named mentioned aforetime.
- It’s expected that you check if any part of the bed is not damaged before you begin to pump air inside the air mattress.
- Also, ensure that where you’re laying is a danger-free zone i.e., sweep the floor properly.
Imbibing the steps once again would make you a PRO. You would be able to repeat this distinctively. The continual repetition is suitable for anyone.
This is just the simplest way to inflate an air mattress. The eight steps aids one even to prevent further damages while inflating air mattress and what to look out for when doing that. Of course, every detail here is reliable to imbibe and one that you can use again, again, and again.